Lapeer County Lions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lapeer County Lions

Message Board

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Why have we been losing?

Go down 
+10
lclqb14
ken7825
fan
quartersack08
jmini # 43
LT
Robert
Rummler
Coachsimpson
tcj4425
14 posters
AuthorMessage
tcj4425

Why have we been losing? Empty
PostSubject: Why have we been losing?   Why have we been losing? Icon_minipostedTue Aug 05, 2008 1:46 pm

I don't know if anyone has noticed but we have been getting our butts kicked the last couple games. I don't know everything about football but I can tell you that when "I" can sit in the stands and call the plays, I am sure the other team has a pretty good idea who is going to get the ball. There are two people and two plays that are obviously coaches favorite and lets be honest, they are NOT working. Maybe, the first couple of times they work great but once you run them over and over and over and over, the other team is onto you! You have a third down, short yardage full back running in place of a running back. Don't get me wrong, he is a GREAT back but not a running back, more like a full back. Think about this....would you rather have W. Parker blocking for J. Bettis or the other way around? I think I would rather have Bettis in front of me blocking, then when you need the power you bring in Bettis. Also, the deep bomb to 4 isn't going to work all the time. After the first or second touchdown to him he is double teamed so the ball needs to be thrown somewhere else. There are a lot of other great runners and recievers on this team and I would like to see what they can do. Actually, I did see what they can do during the preseason games. That is kind of weird, we won ALL of the preseason games!!!!!! I think last game is a very good example of what I am talking about and I hope the coaches can pull it together soon or this is going to be a losing season. The games are getting real boring....watching the same people and same plays and same outcome week after week! I think the coaches need to go back to what worked in the preseason.......
Back to top Go down
Coachsimpson

Coachsimpson

PostSubject: Game   Why have we been losing? Icon_minipostedTue Aug 05, 2008 7:37 pm

I really have no idea why I am answering this post. Any suggestions you have. I would really love to hear it. On pass plays I don't tell the quarterback who to throw the ball to. The are 4 different routes on every play. As far as the running game, we only traveled 4 running backs. Cody is probably the on the top rushers as far as yardage in the division. I don't make excuses. I take full responsibity for the offense. When you have talent such as number 4. He need to get the ball. By no means do call for him to get the ball everytime. There is more than what you see that makes or breaks plays. Missed blocks, wrong route, calling the wrong play in the huddle. All that stuff happens. If you have all the answers, I could sure use your help in practice.
Back to top Go down
Rummler

PostSubject: Re: Why have we been losing?   Why have we been losing? Icon_minipostedTue Aug 05, 2008 8:50 pm

The wheels will start rolling do not worry about that.
Back to top Go down
tcj4425

PostSubject: Re: Why have we been losing?   Why have we been losing? Icon_minipostedWed Aug 06, 2008 1:56 pm

Of course he is leading in yardage...he is the ONLY one that gets the ball. You run him every running play and by the end we have 100 yards for him and no touchdowns for us. It would be nice to have him fresh and ready on the 20 rather than tired from running the last 80 run plays. As far as the passing goes I understand the routes and I know the coach has no control over that, it is just an observation. I also do not have all the answers that is why I stated in my last post " i don't know everything about football" I am just making observations and many people agree with me....since the second half of the season opener it has been the same thing every game. I would be interested in seeing the stats from the rest of the games. The website only has the opener on there. Is there anyway we can get that updated!!!
Back to top Go down
Robert
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Why have we been losing?   Why have we been losing? Icon_minipostedWed Aug 06, 2008 2:30 pm

As soon as I get the stats I will post them (cough...Pilgrim...cough,cough)!
Back to top Go down
http://lapeercountylions.heavenforum.com
tcj4425

PostSubject: Re: Why have we been losing?   Why have we been losing? Icon_minipostedWed Aug 06, 2008 3:20 pm

Robert wrote:
As soon as I get the stats I will post them (cough...Pilgrim...cough,cough)!

LOL
Back to top Go down
LT

PostSubject: Re: Why have we been losing?   Why have we been losing? Icon_minipostedThu Aug 07, 2008 12:37 pm

I don't know who you are, but do not come on here and attack my coaching staff or players. I am not going to respond to the play calling or who starts and who plays. If you would like to coach we have room on the staff and or play just let me know. If you think that bashing us for losing is going to help you are wrong. How about some positive support for this team. If you don't like being at the games then stay home. We will be fine and we will make the playoffs with or with out your support. So take your negativity and go support another team.
Back to top Go down
tcj4425

PostSubject: Re: Why have we been losing?   Why have we been losing? Icon_minipostedThu Aug 07, 2008 4:19 pm

For one, I did not put down the players!!! Two, this is a message board where OPINIONS are said if you like them or not. Three, you are the coach...you should have a little more class than that.
Back to top Go down
jmini # 43

PostSubject: Re: Why have we been losing?   Why have we been losing? Icon_minipostedThu Aug 07, 2008 6:53 pm

These are our coaches and we stand behind our coaches. We are lions and we will stick together through thick and thin no matter the score or the record. When we are on the field we are one so lions lets get some and lets take their lunch money.
Back to top Go down
quartersack08

PostSubject: Re: Why have we been losing?   Why have we been losing? Icon_minipostedThu Aug 07, 2008 11:46 pm

DAMN STRAIGHT JOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When I played football in high school we never had a coach who knew how to win. Our coaches are VERY passionate about winning.
I am a good loser if necessary, but winning is always the goal. Our coaches I'm sure are doing their best on the sidelines. It's up to us, the players, to get the job done on the field. Criticism can be helpful sometimes, but I bet that when we start winning again(this Sat.)this person will be satisfied that things are being run o.k.
Back to top Go down
fan

PostSubject: Re: Why have we been losing?   Why have we been losing? Icon_minipostedFri Aug 08, 2008 10:18 am

LCL created this message board so that fans AND the community could "interact" with the coaches, team, or whoever has to do with this team.

Like the topic or not this is how the fans and community are seeing the team at this paticular time. One person or 30 people this is still your community and fans and with being a small town you make one mistake everyone knows and expresses a judgement.......it's your position as a rep of the LCL organization on how you respond in a PROFESSIONAL manner to the community and fans IF and ONLY if you choose to respond!
Back to top Go down
Robert
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Why have we been losing?   Why have we been losing? Icon_minipostedFri Aug 08, 2008 10:29 am

I agree with you completely. I started this message board for that very reason. So the fans can get to know the players, coaches, staff and vice versa. I just wish everyone would keep the mob mentality in mind before posting. When someone post something negative on this board (fans and Lions) it is very easy for it to get out of hand. I am not saying that I disagree with any one post. All I am saying is negativity breeds negativity. Everyone that has posted is a registered user. If you have a problem with the offense them pm the offensive coordinator or the head coach. Posting something that attacks the intelligence or the competence of the coaching staff in such a public way causes them to lose credibility in the publics eyes.

Like I said before if you want to help this team succeed try to keep your negative comments private. It is never wise to air our dirty laundry......especially if you call your self our fan.

These are just my opinions. We appreciate the fans we have and always welcome you to post on our message board, just consider how it makes us look to the rest of the nation (yes, we are in a national league).

Robert
Back to top Go down
http://lapeercountylions.heavenforum.com
ken7825

PostSubject: I'm looking forward to Saturday Night!   Why have we been losing? Icon_minipostedFri Aug 08, 2008 2:48 pm

Hey Lions, go get 'em , I will be on hand rooting for a win Saturday night ! Bringing my entire family to cheer all of you on so get ready to rock'em ! cheers cheers

I do not know much about football except win or lose I'm going to stand behind these guys 100% !
Back to top Go down
fan

PostSubject: Re: Why have we been losing?   Why have we been losing? Icon_minipostedFri Aug 08, 2008 6:52 pm

Putting yourself in the public eye and looking for the community to be your supporter (FANS OR NOT) you allow yourself to take criticism good or bad in public. "Airing out your dirty laundry" no is never good but that's the life of someone in the public eye. Ask any person that is...They don't want their name or image slashed by the "public" but it happens. This is America and we express our opinions (good or not) so that everyone can hear them. It is LCL's position to handle the criticism at a PROFESSIONAL manner....if you start telling your "fans" (like it or not our fans have opinions....I know every person here has yelled at their t.v. on sundays because a coach or ref called a bad play) "you don't need them...go support another team"....this team will slowly fall apart because lack of support from the community! This is a small town (I say it again)...like it or not you make one "supporter" upset they leave with ten...sad as it is.....it's the truth

edited to say: if your coach has coached before...he should know....people will always express what they dislike more then what they like....but it's his job as a coach to be professional about it....
Back to top Go down
lclqb14

lclqb14

PostSubject: Re: Why have we been losing?   Why have we been losing? Icon_minipostedSun Aug 10, 2008 3:26 pm

jmini # 78 wrote:
These are our coaches and we stand behind our coaches. We are lions and we will stick together through thick and thin no matter the score or the record. When we are on the field we are one so lions lets get some and lets take their lunch money.

i like that LUNCH MONEY part that's what i am talking about
Back to top Go down
SilverbacksHC

PostSubject: Re: Why have we been losing?   Why have we been losing? Icon_minipostedMon Aug 11, 2008 4:06 pm

I happened to be browsing through here and when I saw this topic had to register and respond. I apologise in advance if it offends anyone, or appears inappropriate to respond, but it felt like it was the right thing to do to stand up for our football brethren...

This team, the Lions, is a first rate club. I believe the wins, to start the season, were not a fluke and they will continue winning many more games (such as the last one vs. the Patriots) because there is clearly a good organisational structure in place, a sound football system in all three phases of the game and players who are very passionate and committed.

As I said after our game Aug. 3 I truly believe the Lions are the best team we have played in our division. A few breaks the other way, etc. the game could have easily wound up very different. Now, clearly the team is young and there will be hurdles but if the team sticks together, sticks with the plan and its leaders I believe this team will be what everyone involved envisions.

So, to the initial response of "why have we been losing", my two cents for what they're worth (with gas prices and it is Canadian currency who knows) but I will say the simple answer is everyone loses at some point. It is why there has only been one perfect season in the NFL. At this level it is even far more difficult to be "perfect", sometimes injuries will hit in a key area and we can't just call someone up to replace them, other times a player just can't make it to the game that day, etc. Losses will happen, it is how we respond that makes the difference and I believe the Lions can have very positive results in the long term.

Good luck and keep working Lions,

Alan Lazar
Owner/Head Coach
London Silverbacks (NAFL)
Back to top Go down
http://www.londonsilverbacks.com
schambers

PostSubject: Re: Why have we been losing?   Why have we been losing? Icon_minipostedThu Aug 14, 2008 10:00 pm

I have been paying attention to this post sence it had been put up and i have to agree with the silverback's. As a former player of the team i know for a fact that there is a whole lot of talent on this team and that they will start a new winning streak. Last saturday they won 33-0. I was not at the game but from what i hear they were firing on all cylinders and it shouldnt be a suprise to anyone. With the talent on this team the sky is the limit. Your not gonna win every game and remember the "GREAT NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS" lost in the super bowl. Keep it up guys. I love you guys and wish I could be there with you.
Back to top Go down
OL#90

OL#90

PostSubject: Re: Why have we been losing?   Why have we been losing? Icon_minipostedThu Aug 28, 2008 11:26 pm

CANT WE ALL GET ALONG. LOL. THANK YOU FOR THE FAN SUPPORT IT HELPS IN A BIG WAY. GUYS LET GO TAKE THERE LUNCH MONEY.I HERE TO KICK BUT AND CHEW BUBBLE GUM AND IM ALL OUT OF BUBBLE GUM.

I BE HONEST.THIS IS A GOOD GROUP OF GUYS AND COACHS. THESE GUYS PLAY WITH ALOT OF HEART AND THAT IS PART OF THE REASON I LOVE PLAYING FOOTBALL WITH THEM.I'LL BACK THIS TEAM UP 100%

GO LIONS
Back to top Go down
Sniper222

Sniper222

PostSubject: Re: Why have we been losing?   Why have we been losing? Icon_minipostedThu Jun 04, 2009 2:20 pm

This is a good group of coaches and players it just takes time to get things going sometimes and the season is not over yet. Good luck in the next game. Dont worry so much about the recliner QB's that talk but dont step on the field or put any effort to make things better. Let their negitive opinions rot on their breath and get to playing some football.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why have we been losing?   Why have we been losing? Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Why have we been losing?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lapeer County Lions  :: General :: Football-
Jump to: